The 4th International Conference "Modernization of Higher Music Education and Implementation of the Bologna Process Principles in Russia, Countries of CIS and Europe" will be held at the St. Petersburg State Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatory of Music on September 26-28, 2010.
4th International Conference “Modernization of Higher Music Education and Implementation of the Bologna Process Principles in Russia, Countries of CIS and Europe”
We are pleased to invite you to the 4th International Conference “Modernization of Higher Music Education and Implementation of the Bologna Process Principles in Russia, Countries of CIS and Europe,” which will be held at the St. Petersburg State Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatory of Music on September 26-28, 2010.
Main Goals of the Conference:
• general presentation of the European higher music education of today in relation to coincidence or diversification of educational goals and main tasks of training, curriculums, qualifications, degrees as well as detection of peculiarities of application of Bologna process principles;
• demonstration of various ways of developmental progress of higher musical education in European and CIS countries, and specifics of the these processes in different countries;
• evaluation of the condition and effectiveness of training programs for performers, conductors, composers, teachers, musicologists in universities, conservatories and musical colleges;
• exploring of labor market in the sector of art of music and employment opportunities of graduates.
Among the participants of the conference there will be representatives of state authorities and public organizations, such as the Presidential Executive Office, Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation, Association of European Conservatories (AEC), Association of Baltic Academies of Music (ABAM), European Music Council (EMC), ISME National Affiliate – Representing International Society for Music Education in Russia, All-Russian Scientific Council on the Problems of the Music Education History.
The Conference Agenda:
• process of adapting of various music education systems in Russia, countries of CIS and Europe to the Bologna process. Implementation of the Bologna process and its specifics in different countries;
• continuing education in music;
• quality assurance system in education;
• degrees/qualifications awarded by different higher music education institutions;
• practicability and quality of training in higher music education institutions with regard to employment of their graduates;
• issues of economics and management of music education institutions.
Furthermore, every school-participant of the Conference has a possibility to briefly represent (including video presentation) its educational system, its history, goals and main tasks of training and curriculum.
The Conference will be made up of plenary sessions. There will be an opportunity to form theme sections for further discussions. The duration of a single presentation report at a session is a maximum of 20 minutes. Some material may be represented as workshop reports via decision of the Organizing Committee. The selected conference materials are planned to be published. The editorial staff has a right to select articles for publication.
Please let us know if you are interested in participating in our conference and kindly send your report themes (up to 10 lines) as well as brief information of your professional activity. The deadline is August 3, 2010. Electronic versions of your reports are expected to be sent in no later than September 26, 2010.
A participating party is responsible for all travel expenses. The participation fee is 50 EURO (except for representatives of international organizations and state authorities). Early payment is recommended, it can be made in either US Dollars or Euros by bank transfer to the accounts below.
JSC VTB Bank, St. Petersburg branch
Swift VTBR RU M2 SPE
Euro account 40702978507001001330
US Dollar account 40702840800001001330
The participants are provided with meals (lunches, snacks and coffee breaks) and handouts. The Organizing Committee assists the participants with accommodation on basic economy level. Hotel reservation should be done directly with the Travel Agency “Irida,” the partner of the St. Petersburg Conservatory. In case you need a Russian visa, the Travel Agency will provide you with a visa support document. For more information please contact the Agency by tel./fax: +7 812 571 8654, +7 812 312 3922 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, managers: Maria Cheremnykh, Olga Sirotkina.
The information of the Conference is available at http://www.conservatory.ru/conference.
Click here to download the registration form for the Conference 2010.
Teatralnaya pl., 3, St. Petersburg, 190000, Russia
tel./fax: +7 812 571 6366, +7 812 571 5574
Project Head: Dmitry Chasovitin
Project Coordinator: Rustam Yamilov (+7 911 945 4054).